Metallica

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Anyone thinks Metallica rocks here? I was obsessed with this band, am doing a detox now lulz.

Videl

Saiyan Warrior
Yes. I love both 80’s and 90’s Metallica. Also, never got the hate for the Load albums, Load (1996) is one of my favorite albums of all time.

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Yeah, exactly the same for me. I think the fans were too accustomed with the "heavy" metal melody. But to quote James in one of his interviews --- "Load and Reload contains the heaviest stuff in spite of its calmer and less metal-ish melody". There're a lot of self reflection about one's life, personal growth, human tendencies... I feel the album is communicating directly with me and many feel it. Bleedine me is amazing, so are many others like Here of the Day. Mama Said is a personal song from James that touches deep. Low Man's Lyrics has an outstanding melody and the concert done in Seoul form this song was incredible, got shivers when the tune was changed in the main chorus of the song. Until It Sleeps was one I liked the first time I had listened to it. The part of "so tell me why you have chosen me? Don't want your grieve, don't want your grip, don't want it, so tear me open, make it gone!!" .... Is so heavy and at the same time gives that feeling you are never alone.

There were some couverts from Garage Inc that were brilliantly done too. Like Turn the Pages and Loverman, the latter which is a haunting song which I've had more than one interpretation of.

My fav track would the the 3 parts of The Unforgiven tho. The way it seems James changes his perspective when each part is done makes it a masterpiece to me... The thing about reflecting about one's self, going more in depth with your feelings of hatre, learning to forgive and thinking things from another angle was masterfully done, specially with the Unforgiven III.

Yoshi

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan God
I used to listen to Metallica when I was going through a metal phase. I’m not that into music, however.

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
Yeah I still can't let go of Metallica. It's not even a metal phase or a liking for metal stuff, it's just Metallica that stuck into me.

Videl

Saiyan Warrior
My ranking of Metallica’s albums:

1. Load (1996)
2. Reload (1997)
3. Garage Inc. (1998)
4. Master Of Puppets
5. Ride The Lightning (1984)
6. …And Justice For All (1988)
7. Metallica (The Black Album) (1991)
8. Kill ‘Em All (1983)
9. St. Anger (2003) (I think I was high when I made that thread about this album on here)
10. Hardwired…To Self-Destruct (2016)
11. Death Magnetic (2008)
12. 72 Seasons (2023)

ahill1

Elite Saiyan Warrior
Super Saiyan
My ranking of Metallica’s albums:

1. Load (1996)
2. Reload (1997)
3. Garage Inc. (1998)
4. Master Of Puppets
5. Ride The Lightning (1984)
6. …And Justice For All (1988)
7. Metallica (The Black Album) (1991)
8. Kill ‘Em All (1983)
9. St. Anger (2003) (I think I was high when I made that thread about this album on here)
10. Hardwired…To Self-Destruct (2016)
11. Death Magnetic (2008)
12. 72 Seasons (2023)
Haha the last album got the last spot. I still haven't listened to most songs but the ones I did, the melody didn't catch me... Unfortunately... I wish they took a load and reload angle instead of going back to more heavy metal. Seemed like a really good transition. Dunno if they saw it didn't sit well with the fans or if they just thought that heavy metal was better in the sense they got back to it naturally.

I listen to Until It Sleeps a lot too. The Outlaw Torn seems also a good one. Loverman is a cover but damn, James' voice there sounds very nice and the song is really interesting for reflection. Astronomy, another couvert, is very nice as well, so is Turn the Pages, so yeah, Garage Inc is very nice.

Still though, I had been listening to And Justice for All and Ride the Lightning more so these days. Their earliest phase. Nice albums too. I like that heavy energy with Metallica since I like the energy of the melodies and James' voice sounds killer and manly haha. ...And Justice for All has some blends of softer, acoustic melodies that are remarkable like to live is to die, and I can relate to some songs like The Frayed Ends of Sanity, more so with the lyrics tho, the melody doesn't go well with my tastes, although I like the singing. The own And Justice for All song was the only political one from Metallica I've seen, or at least, the most openly political one, though it's a broad criticism and it can't be attached to a specific agenda I think other than a criticism of the judge system and corruption.

As for Ride the Lightning I used to like Creeping Death, specially after I live I had seen... Now, I avoid it for some reasons.

For Whom the Bell Tolls is very nice, the bass intro from Cliff is badass and the definition of cool. Kinda unforgettable. The lives when James was younger and his voice would stand out in lines like "look at the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!!!! " or "why is the silence so LOUD!!!!? " ... Would give chills.

Death Magnetic has some cool one too, most notably The Day that Never comes for instance. The instrumental is pretty cool... That recent live, from Belgium or Sweden idk, 2023 it was, damn, the instrumental and singing was surreal for their age... Still the best live version of The Day that Never Comes I've listened to and that's crazy considering it's from past year.

Some songs from Master of Puppets like Welcome Home Sanitarium or My Friend or Misery (this latter from the black album iirc) deserved more recognition imo. Fantastic songs. That 1989 Seattle version James sings "Can't you see that's why my brain says RAGE!!! " ... Was a killer... And My Friend of Misery has Wich a sound nice instrumental, that live from 2012 from Lisboa (iirc) with the crowd participation in the "ohh ohh ohhhh" part was very, very cool... Remarkable. "This times are meant to torment souls, but something is wrong with what you see, you, you take it all on yourself, remember, misery loves company!! "... Damn... So cool.

Bleeding me and Hero of the Day from load and reload are also such underated songs...... Bleeding Me sounds a huge symbology for regrets, past mistakes and search for redemption with a very impactful melody... And Hero of the Day is interesting with the Lyrics all around, I got that need for a home place after venturing in the outside world, but that something home like calling you back that you can't get away from, your origins...

• :)
  • :shock3:
  • :ssgrin:
  • :stop2:
  • :tasty:
  • :thinking:
  • :what:
  • :yes:
  • :stinky:
  • :9000:
  • :beer:
  • :coke: